Questions on Click

Benjie Chen benjie at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Dec 24 21:04:03 EST 2001

hi

i don't believe there are any documentations about the modifications
we made, but you can look into the netdevice.h file  in the headers directory
to look for the set of functions that we added. the tulip driver, for
example, implements those functions. the implementation is fairly straight-
forward, mostly taken code verbatim from the non-polling part of the driver,
removing things that disable/enables interrupts and uses programmed I/Os
(inb and outb instructions).

as for 2.4.7-10, you will have to make your own patch using the 2.4 patch we
have. the best way to do it would be to patch 2.4.7 with our patch and look for
conflicts.

good luck...

benjie

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 07:24:04AM +0700, Trinh Anh Tuan wrote:
> (In the previous mail I misstyped the version of kernel, this is correct one. Sorry)
>
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 small questions about your interesting Click:
> 1. Where can I get technical document(s) about the modifications in NIC drivers for pooling mechanism, so I can implement it on my own card.
> 2. I have only Linux kernel 2.4.7-10 (in RedHat 7.2 distribution), unfortunately, there is no patch for this version in Click 1.2.2. Where can I get it?
>
> Hope to receive your respone soon. Thanks in advance.
>
> Cordially,
> Trinh Anh Tuan  -  CMO-CFTI/NACENTECH
> Ministry of Science, Technologies and Environment
> Off. Tel.: (84-4) 8541197 - Off. Fax: (84-4) 8548187
> Handphone: (84) 913-323266

benjie chen
benjie at lcs.mit.edu