Help!!! how to use the RadixIPLookup?

Teng Fei ft99_2k at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 08:25:38 EST 2001

We are trying to run a modified example of
"fake-iprouter.click" example, using a RadixIPLookup
element instead of static routing table.

What we did was first modified the "radixiplookup.cc",
use the "add_route" method to read one big routing
table from a text file.  And then modified the
"fake-iprouter.click", commented out the static
routing part and replace with a line like "rt::
RadixIPLookup();"   The program successfully compiled
and ran, but all the packets were routed to output 0.
 Seems the radix routing was not functioning.  Then we
added an line of "printf("...")" in the
"lookup_route(IPAddress d, IPAddress &gw)" function.
But nothing was printed out.  It seems that the
lookup_route function was not called.

Could anyone please tell us how to use the radix
routing and where is our problem?

Thank you so much!!!

Sincerely

Teng