ToDevice Problem

Roopesh Varier varier at cs.rpi.edu
Wed Dec 5 04:31:28 EST 2001

Hi,

I need to query the ToDevice element to get the number of packets that
have left or are in the final stage of leaving the machine. But as soon as
I add the "/elements/linuxmodule/todevice.hh" header file to my code, I
start getting errors(mainly in the "/elements/linuxmodule/anydevice.hh"
such as the one shown below) :

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/click/userlevel'
g++ -Wp,-w -W -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fvtable-thunks
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I../include -I. -I..  -MD -DCLICK_USERLEVEL
-g -O2 -c ../elements/local/I-handlepkt.cc
In file included from ../elements/linuxmodule/todevice.hh:68,
                 from ../elements/local/I-handlepkt.hh:5,
                 from ../elements/local/I-handlepkt.cc:5:
../elements/linuxmodule/anydevice.hh:68:40: missing binary operator before
'('
make[1]: *** [I-handlepkt.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/click/userlevel'
make: *** [install] Error 1

Does anyone know what could be the reason? Is there any other way also by
which I could get hold of this number I want to query?

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!

Roopesh.