hardware requirement

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Thu Aug 23 09:46:42 EDT 2001

Hi Chong,

> 1. hardware requirement (processor, ram, nic etc)
> 2. hardware dependency (e.g. only work on certain pc or nic brand?)
> 3. actual connection in the lan. (e.g. connect to the hub/ router)

There are currently two Click drivers: Linux kernel and user-level.
User-level Click works on any Unix-like system. Kernel Click works in the
Linux kernel. We have only tested it on Pentium-class systems.

For polling (which will give better results), you currently need a Tulip,
EEpro 100, or EEpro 1000 card. For interrupting, any Ethernet NIC will do.

love,
ed