click bailing out

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Tue Aug 21 08:56:41 EDT 2001

>  i thought i was already running click module
>  compiled from anonymous CVS....
>
>  anyway i just compiled the CVS source once again
>  and tested it.

I meant that we fixed some bugs, so you should do a 'cvs update' and
recompile, THEN check it.

Does your ChangeLog contain an entry dated '2001-08-20 Monday 22:05' ? If
not, then do a cvs update and recompile. Let us know.

>  Access control for the third IP is not working.
>  i.e i m able to allow ssh for only the first two IPs
>  the third IP is not allowed.

That's a syntax issue. :Just like in C, the || operator has lower
precedence than &&. You probably want to use parentheses, like this:

 my_ssh_filter :: IPFilter(// ssh stuff to server
	      allow (src 192.168.0.66 || 192.168.0.85)  /* note parens! */
              && dst internal
              && tcp && src port > 1023 && dst port
ssh
              && ack,
              deny all
	           );

Try that. || || || || should work.

>  ed what about polling device extensions to
>  (third world) cards like realtek , ne2k-pci etc.
>  are they one your development list.

Not really. We have implemented Tulip and the most popular, eepro100. But
you can always send mail to the Click list suggesting this -- or work on it
yourself!

love,e