CPU "load"

Tim Wilson timwilson at mediaone.net
Mon Aug 20 00:23:42 EDT 2001

You've been very helpful--I think I'm starting to get a handle on this...

One thing I'd like to do is quantify how "busy" the click processing thread
is for a given packet load. If I could measure this then I could get an idea
about maximum packet handling capability without having to load it up to the
limit. But, of course, the usual CPU load tools are no good, since the
polling loop is always running and the CPU looks 100% busy even if nothing
is going on.

Any suggestions about how I might go about this?

Thanks.