Polling Linux

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Sun Aug 19 01:50:36 EDT 2001

> So apparently ToDevice figures out if the device is polling-capable, and
> acts appropriately?

Yep!

I'll skip the ARPRepsonder part, since you got that fixed -- now on to
Querier.

> outclass[1] -> Strip(14) -> [0]arpq -> Queue -> ToDevice(eth0);
>
> 1) Feed the FromLinux outgoing packets thru a classifier, split into ARP
> queries &  IP.

This is the problem. The ARPQuerier element uses packets' destination IP
address annotations to determine what address to query for. You have not
set the annotation. Put a GetIPAddress(16) between the Strip(14) and the
[0]arpq.

The documentation was a little unclear on this point. We've updated it, and
introduced a warning when ARPQuerier queries for 0.0.0.0.

Hope this helps---
lov,e
ed