CVS repository

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Oct 15 16:46:47 EDT 2000

Hey guys,

I've set up a program that will automatically maintain a ChangeLog for us,
listing all of our cvs log entries in ChangeLog format. The next time you
cvs update you'll see the first ChangeLog. It should be automatically
updated every night.

This could be really useful, but we must be more disciplined than we have
been so far. Every time you check something in, please include a coherent
log message saying what you changed. These log messages are bad:

2000-10-06 Friday 18:41  Eddie Kohler <eddietwo at lcs.mit.edu>

        * Makefile.in: more fucking build process

2000-10-06 Friday 18:28  Eddie Kohler <eddietwo at lcs.mit.edu>

        * Makefile.in: x

2000-10-06 Friday 12:57  Robert Morris <rtm at lcs.mit.edu>

        * elements/local/forcetcp.cc: zz

2000-10-13 Friday 13:25  Benjie Chen <benjie at lcs.mit.edu>

        * lib/router.cc: [no log message]

Failure to write acceptable ChangeLog entries is punishable by me being
annoying at you.

love,
ed