Almudena Konrad: Click sanity check

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Nov 10 15:38:07 EST 2000

eeeeEEEEnteresting!

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:28:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Almudena Konrad <almudena at cs.berkeley.edu>
To: eddietwo at lcs.mit.edu
cc: agni at cs.berkeley.edu, mori at cs.berkeley.edu
Subject: Click sanity check

Hi Eddie,

We are a group of CS grad students at UC Berkeley trying to build a
wide-area wireless emulator.  Our idea was to extend the Click software
package by writing some new wireless-specific elements, then plugging the
modified Click box into a wide-area router testbed that we're building
here at UCB.  Once this is set up, we plan on using it to test other
algorithms we're developing to enable application adaptation for a
wireless wide-area network.

Now that we've begun writing actual code, we are just wondering if it is
sensible to use the Click model for building this kind of emulator?  :) --
specifically for implementing link-level ARQ, feedback mechanisms, etc.

We appreciate any advice or comments!  A preliminary sketch of our project
is at

	http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~almudena/click-index.html

regards
Almudena, Amoolya, and Greg