How are you using Click?

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 18 10:18:06 EDT 2000

Hi Prem,

> I'm in the process of choosing my master's thesis topic and I would like
> to know if i can work on Click. I presume I need to obtain your consent
> before I can use it as part of my thesis. If in addition, you have certain
> recommendations for extensions to click or networking/OS issues that could
> be worked on using Click I would be very much interested in knowing.
> Hopefully I'm not troubling you much.

You're not troubling me at all! I'd love it if you worked on Click for your
master's thesis. Obviously, I'd expect you to be honest -- your master's
thesis should be new. As for what extensions or networking/OS issues, I'll
give this some thought and get back to you. Also, who is supervising your
master's thesis? Maybe they could help you decide, or we all could talk
about projects over email.

On another note, if you felt like it, we would love to integrate your code
back into the mainline Click distribution (with credit, of course). Would
you be interested?

love,
ed