Prem Gopalan: Re: How are you using Click?

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 18 10:04:41 EDT 2000

How is Purdue using Click?

------- Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 23:13:46 -0500 (EST)
From: Prem Gopalan <gopalan at purdue.edu>
To: Eddie Kohler <eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: How are you using Click?

Hi eddie;
	As of now, we have made modifications to Click to enable
downloading of remote modules when invoked by active packets. Also dynamic
loadding of modules does not disturb the router configuration; the modules
are .o files and hence can be directly linked with the kernel instead of
Click. We are in the processof building on to this skeleton mechanism.

I'm in the process of choosing my master's thesis topic and I would like
to know if i can work on Click. I presume I need to obtain your consent
before I can use it as part of my thesis. If in addition, you have certain
recommendations for extensions to click or networking/OS issues that could
be worked on using Click I would be very much interested in knowing.
Hopefully I'm not troubling you much.

thanks,
Prem Gopalan.
Purdue Univeristy(CS)

 On Wed, 17 May 2000, Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You're receiving this mail if I know, or have good reason to believe, that
> you are using Click in research or other purposes.
>
> We in the Click group would like to understand how you're using our
> software. Could you send us a couple-line email describing your projects,
> and, if you're feeling ambitious, whether and how Click was useful?
>
> If you've got a Web page, and would like us to put up a link to you, that
> would be great too.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Eddie Kohler

Prem Gopalan