Click 1.0.5 released

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon May 1 23:04:26 EDT 2000

Hi all,

We have just released Click 1.0.5, available for download at
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/

This release fixes big bugs, particularly with the Linux kernel module, and
we recommend that everyone upgrade to it.

New features include:

- Bug fixes, fewer race conditions, fewer memory leaks, fewer kernel hangs
- Hot-swapping -- install a new Linux kernel router configuration without
  losing the packets in the old configuration
- Better tool performance and behavior (click-xform, click-fastclassifier,
  click-devirtualize)
- New tools: click-combine and click-uncombine -- combine 2 or more routers
  into a single configuration that represents the network, then separate
  individual routers from the combined configuration
- One set of Timers per router configuration, not one global set (Leigh,
  you wanted this a while ago)

New anti-feature:

- If you do not #define HAVE_POLLING, then click-1.0.5's performance will
  be slightly worse than click-1.0.3.

Full change log at http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/news.html

We believe we've fixed all the issues we know about, and as always, welcome
comments, patches and suggestions.

love,
ed
& click team