Benjie Chen: timer situation

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Mar 20 06:58:37 EST 2000

Hi all,

We just released click-1.0.2, available from the usual place
(http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/).

>From the NEWS:

Version 1.0.2   20.Mar.2000

* Fixed reentrancy bug: in this release, when running in polling mode in
  kernel, timers are maintained by click, in the same fashion userlevel timers
  are maintained. Previously, we use linux timers, and so callbacks may get
  called by linux when click is running, creating possible race conditions.
  Note: in polling mode, if the click thread yields to other processes, timers
  will not get called until the click thread runs again.

* Added Rewriter, MappingCreator, and IPMirror elements for rewriting
  TCP/IP and UDP/IP streams.

* Added MarkIPHeader, CheckTCPHeader, and CheckUDPHeader elements.

* Fixed FromDump and ToDump.

* Added optional queue names to RED.

* Removed `is_a()' and `is_a_cast()' methods of Element. The new way,
  `cast()', allows arbitrary interfaces.

* Use Linux's fast checksum routines in CheckIPHeader and IPInputCombo.

* Fixed bug in userlevel Click: elements weren't being scheduled, so
  nothing seemed to happen.

love,
ed