fast packet forwarding with intel EEpro

Benjie Chen benjie at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jun 22 11:04:34 EDT 2000

Hi

> seemed to measure up to the performance i want, i am using a eepro100 NICs,
> and i was wondering if you have any experience with those, or know abuot
> people who are working on them.

We obtained our peak performance using network cards with the Tulip chip:
SMC PCI Tulip cards, Kingston, Zynx, etc. There isn't a polling driver
for eepro100, so the performance of Click with eepro100 would not be as
good. But if eepro100 driver is modified to be pollable and if it
uses DMA, there is no reason why it would not work well.

Benjie

--
Benjie Chen
benjie at lcs.mit.edu