Saurabh Sandhir: Re: CLICK

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Feb 26 00:47:52 EST 2000

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:14:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Saurabh Sandhir <sandhir at purdue.edu>
To: Eddie Kohler <eddietwo at naugabutt.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: CLICK

Hi Eddie,
 Thanks for letting me know about the new version. We are still doing
ground work for implementing Multicast routing and IGMP in CLICK.

I had a few more questions-

1) You talked about running CLICK as a user application....will be able to
test multicast with this ?  I mean would be able to simulate several hosts
and a router in the user program.

2) For multicast routing ..we will need dynamic routing support....could
we have the implementation that you guys are doing at MIT..instead of us
reinventing the wheel....if not then , how complex a task would this be
...in terms of time needed for a single person....

I will bother you with more questions when they come up :)...
Thanks a million,
hope our project CLICKs :)

- -Saurabh

------- End of Forwarded Message