Click-1.1 released

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Dec 15 05:04:30 EST 2000

We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.1 of the Click
software.

This version has many bug fixes relative to 1.1b1, some of which were
serious. (One bug could crash SMP machines when both Linux and Click sent
packets to the same interface.) Some of the bugs were reported by people on
this list; thanks! We have also added several elements and a patch for the
Linux 2.2.18 kernel.

There are some incompatible changes with previous releases (and even with
1.1b1). In particular, #include files have been moved around. See the
ChangeLog and NEWS files for details. This was done to support element
packages: bunches of elements that are compiled into .o files and
dynamically loaded when necessary.

The Click web site is

	http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/

This site has a tarball for download, an HTMLified change log, and
instructions for accessing our code via anonymous CVS.

As always, we welcome bug reports, patches, suggestions, and so forth.
Write click at pdos.lcs.mit.edu

Eddie Kohler
Click dork