Click Router as a product?

George Neville-Neil gnn at windriver.com
Thu Dec 7 22:38:02 EST 2000

Hi Folks,

	I have just finished reading the Click paper from the 1999 SOSP
and have also downloaded and inspected your code.  I'm the IP architect
here at Wind River System and the stuff you've done definitely intrigues
me.

	Wind River (www.windriver.com) produces embedded operating systems
and tools for building complex embedded systems (including network devices
such as routers, hubs, switches, etc.).  I'm tasked with building our next
generation TCP/IP stack and a lot of the things you do in Click are things
that I know we have to do, and which I've known for a while.

	I know that you have put your code under a BSD like license (and
we already have used BSD as our older TCP/IP stack) so that I could use
your stuff in our product if I followed that license.  I'm wondering
if a closer relationship is possible and who I would talk to about that.

	You're welcome to contact me at this email address.

Thanks,
George