Performance very simple example versus full blown router

Robert Morris rtm at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Aug 7 19:21:29 EDT 2000

Brecht,

I'm trying to reproduce your Click configuration.

What kind of traffic were you sending through the router? TCP?  If
something else, how did you control the bit-rate? I don't know
anything about the Smartbits...

The simple configuration you sent us supports only traffic in one
direction (ie from eth2 to eth3, but not from ethe to eth2); is that
exactly the configuration you used?

How many packets per second was the router able to forward at 70
Mbit/second? At 100 Mbit/second?

When you say 64 byte frames, are you including Ethernet header?  Are
you including the Ethernet preamble? CRC32? (I want to calculate how
much throughput you should expect to see.)

Thanks,
Robert