new format

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Sep 20 13:09:08 EDT 1999

hi, comments from teh latex guy on "The Click Modular Router" paper:

>  * I may be able to negotiate us up to using 10pt type - and page
>    counts of 14 pages target, 16 pages absolute max.  Advantages:
>    easier to read.  Any objections?

10 pt is great.

>  * It has been suggested that we change the body text layout from:
> 	Paragraph indentation:  None, flush left, line space between
> 	paragraphs
>    to:
> 	Paragraph indentation:  2em, flush left, no extra space between
> 	paragraphs
>
>    Advantages: text takes less space.  Disadvantage: looks a bit more
>    more crowded.  Any opinions?

I strongly prefer indented paragraphs, rather than blank lines between
paragraphs. Strongly strongly strongly prefer, to the point of
inconsistency if the "conference format" is blank lines.

>  * A question: if I asked you to insert the ACM copyright text, is
>    that hard or easy?  The alternative is to leave a blank hole, and
>    have the printers strip it in later.

Easy

Thanks!
Eddie Kohler