formatting? [8793.8476]

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Oct 14 17:46:01 EDT 1999

> I'd be happy for you guys to make a "non-authoritative" copy of your
> paper that uses the fonts you prefer, and have you put this up on your
> own web page, but I think the authoritative (ie, ACM Digital Library)
> one should essentially be exactly the same as the printed version.

OK; that's what I expected.

> p.s. I didn't push you on this before, but let me at least make the
> request for the DL version that you use the exact same version of
> Helvetica for the affiliation, email, and other front matter as
> everybody else.  As things stand, yours looks a little odd because it
> is so different.

1. So it shouldn't look "exactly the same as the printed version"?

2. I can think of no earthly reason that papers in the Digital
   Library should be forced to maintain lockstep consistency. It's not like
   anyone downloads the entire SOSP from the DL and prints it all out.
   People download one paper at a time, usually based on a search.

I will provide you with the PDF file you requested, including thumbnails.
We will continue to use our Helveticae.

love,
ed