WIMPE (wimpy) [8793.8476]

Eddie Kohler eddietwo at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Oct 7 13:04:12 EDT 1999

Hi John, thanks very much for the quick reply!

> 1. As I have repeatedly requested, please include your WIMPE paper id
>    in *ALL* correspondence: how the !@#$% do you think I am supposed
>    to remember them all? :-(

The very first line in my correspondence was

> WIMPE ID: 8793.8476 The Click Modular Router

so I guess you must mean "include it in the SUBJECT line". I'm sorry; I
didn't realize.

I'm uploading the paper to WIMPE now. Here is the short list of changes
from your formatting guidelines. I believe it's complete.

1. Institution and email lines in title are not in 10pt. We used a lighter
   weight of Helvetica to get a similar effect. The smaller size of
   Helvetica seemed way too small and unbalanced the title block. We tried
   to replicate the intent of the direction without unbalancing the look
   of the title block.

2. Body font is not Times Roman, but Sabon. This font blends very well
   with Times Roman -- many will find it indistinguishable -- but is
   slightly more open in appearance, leading to a less cramped looking
   paper.

3. The references section is in 9 pt, not 10 pt. 10 pt currently puts us
   over the 16-page limit.

4. The last page (page 16, references) isn't balanced. We haven't figured
   out how to do this with LaTeX, but we're working on it.

Note that two subsection titles in the paper are not downcased. This is
because "Differentiated Services" is a proper name.

Thanks again!
love,
ed