paper

Frans Kaashoek kaashoek at new-york.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:39:07 EDT 1999

After reading the reviews one more time, the basic outline for the
response to Thekkath should be as below (we can send him a pointer to
the work Ed did).  Comments?

	 Frans

(1) WILL DO

- all writing issues and omitted justification/limitations (e.g.,
another packet filter).

(2) WILL DO BEST

- RFC 1812 router
  * as much as we can
- Incremental checksums
- Improve high-load performance
  * if time is left

This category requires implementation work so therefore we don't want
to commit it to category (1).

(3) WILL NOT DO

- Change the word "faction"

The last one we should think about. My initial reaction was to do
nothing, but now i do think the reviewer has a good point and i am in
general against introducing new words, if it is not necessary.  What
do we think?  Should we stick to "faction"?