[chord] Chord source code and corresponding SFS version

Tri Nguyen Phi Minh lordelf007 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:07:16 EDT 2012

I finally found the answer for the meaning of Virtual nodes. This is
because a Chord node is identified by a pair of <IP_address, port number>.
So, for each physical node we can maintain several virtual nodes which are
nodes having the same IP_address but different port. It can solve a problem
of key load balance as well.

Two virtual nodes on the same computer can communicate without using RPC
library. Virtual node just use RPC when they communicate with node in other
system, that's why I saw two functions definition for obtaining successors
in virtual node implementation (one is doget_successor (user_args *sbp);
other is get_successor (ptr<location> n, cbchordID_t cb);).

Thank you.
Tri