[chord] Can't insert folder - DHASH_ERR

Alex Buie abuie at kwdservices.com
Mon Jan 23 15:51:54 EST 2012

I have two physical nodes currently, and I've tried a combination of
8, 16, and 32 vnodes on each of the two pnodes. (Originally all writes
[ie, including data blocks] were failing, but I realized that it was
because there weren't enough successors to successfully add any more
keys)

I've tried changing the minimum sharding redundancy parameters with a
custom dhash.conf as was suggested in a 2008 post to the mailing list.

I was just playing around with CFS, trying to see how it works, and
its feasibility as sort of a "distributed backup" system with some of
my friends who have their own servers in multiple locations. We get
less storage, but it's georedundant, in case someone accidentally
lights one of our Datacenters on fire or something. :)

Thanks for your help!

Alex
--
Alex Buie