[chord] Linking the Hack example

Emil Sit sit at mit.edu
Wed Mar 31 23:17:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM,  <agntp123 at dusty.tamiu.edu> wrote:
> I was able to figure out that the errors come from my makefile not being
> able to link to the $(SFS) -lsvc. Since 'xdr_sfs_pubkey2(XDR*, void*)' is
> defined in sfs_prot.C, which in turn is included in libsvc.a. In other words
> my makefile can't link to libsvc.a, however, these are just my conclusions.

Yes, that sounds approximately right. This is probably due to some
ordering issue in your libraries in the link line.  (Though, I can't
see anything obviously wrong with it, based on my two-year old
memories.)

What if you hack the tools/Makefile.am to add your new binary and just
use $(LDADD) like the other programs in that directory do?  If that
works, then you can copy the link line into your own Makefile.

--
Emil Sit / http://www.emilsit.net/