[chord] Load Balance in Chord

徐严 xuyan888888xuyan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 00:52:55 EDT 2009

 Dear sir or lady,

                  I am a student in NUS, my name is XUYAN.
                  I wander what is the latest method to deal with load
balance in chord and what could the ratio(MAX / MIN) could be.
                  In the famous paper "Chord", the ratio (MAX/MIN) seems to
be very large.

                  In fact, I think I got a method to ensure the
ratio(MAX/MIN) always under 2. But I am not sure whether the method is
important or not in Hash area.
                  The core of my Idea is :
                  (1)Divided the key of hash into many independent parts,
then we got a multi-dimesion space.
                  (2)Then we design a Alg to re-distribute, we get a much
better result, Always under 2.
                  What is interesting is that:
                  The method need nothing about the input, and the inputs
need not to be uniform.

                  I will really appreciate your reply.

                  Best wishes,

XUYAN