[chord] chord application

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 2 08:52:47 EDT 2008

On Sun, 31 August 2008 at 10:18 (+0800), ruai bai wrote:
> commond lsd/lsd shows right . I want to add and delete a node using chord
> ,and can selete the information on the node. If chord can achieve on its own
> ? If I must use  p2psim,oversim or peersim , If I must use one of them to
> cooperate with chord ?

Your choice of p2psim versus chord would probably be dictated by
what you actually want to investigate.  p2psim does not send
any actual network traffic and would be easier to scale up to
investigate thousands of nodes.  chord actually sends traffic over
the network and stores data across multiple machines.  they
do not interoperate.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/