[chord] problems about chord intallation

Emil Sit sit at mit.edu
Sat Nov 15 06:56:58 EST 2008

On Mon, 03 November 2008 at 15:27 (+0800), liuhao User wrote:
> work with chord-0.1-20080405. So I changed to sfslite-0.8.16 as the mail
> list says, but this time I cannot install it. So, what suite can work
> together?

sfslite 0.8.x is recommended; what error do you get?

Does this blog post help?

http://momentarypause.blogspot.com/2007/05/configure-and-sfslite.html

> 	Second question is about the cfs install. I really can't install cfs
> from the tutorial of website: http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/cfs.html.
> Could you please give me more advice?

I'm not sure CFS works with the current codebase.
Unfortunately, due to the age of the code (CFS is over 7
years old!) and changes in both the Chord code and the
underlying SFS libraries, it would be quite tricky to get
CFS to work.

You could probably reproduce the original development
environment for CFS by checking out an older version of
the Chord tree and using something like sfs-0.7 or
sfs-0.8pre (from Debian, for example) _might_ work.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/