[chord] Chord and hardness assumptions

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 20 07:31:19 EDT 2008

On Wed, 02 July 2008 at 16:48 (-0700), Derrick Coetzee wrote:
> standard ones. This paper has been around a while now and I'm sure
> you've gotten this question before - is there another publication
> discussing this limitation? Thanks for any information.  -- Derrick

See, among others,

Security Considerations for Peer-to-Peer Distributed Hash Tables.
by Emil Sit and Robert Morris.
In the Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer
Systems (IPTPS), Cambridge, MA, March 2002.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/chord:security02/chord:security02.pdf

The Sybil Attack	John R. Douceur
In the Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer
Systems (IPTPS), Cambridge, MA, March 2002.
http://www.cs.rice.edu/Conferences/IPTPS02/101.pdf

Security for structured peer-to-peer overlay networks. (with Miguel
Castro, Ayalvadi Ganesh, Antony Rowstron, and Dan S. Wallach). In
Proceedings of the Fifth Symposium on Operating Systems Design and
Implementation (OSDI'02), Boston, MA, December 2002.
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~druschel/publications/security.pdf

A Sybil-proof one-hop DHT.
by Chris Lesniewski-Laas.
In the Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Social Network
Systems (SocialNets 2008), Glasgow, Scotland, April 2008.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/sybil-dht-socialnets08.pdf

I'm sure CiteSeer, Google Scholar, ACM DL, IEEE eXplorer can help
you find more.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/