[chord] running dhash/chord on very few nodes (<10)

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 25 17:28:57 EST 2008

On Thu, 24 January 2008 at 00:14 (-0800), Alex Tumanov wrote:
> Is it possible to use Chord/Dhash on just two nodes? This may sound

This should work, though it may not with the default shipped
configuration at the moment.  (Which suggests perhaps that
the default configuration should be changed...)

If you create a file (e.g., dhash.conf) with

	dhash.efrags 3
	dhash.dfrags 1

and run start-dhash with "--maintmode passingtone", and "-O dhash.conf",
you should be able to run with 1 (or 2 or 3) vnodes per process.

> P.S. May I suggest a minor change to start-dhash script? Dying on
> non-existent directories in the PATH, IMHO, is unnecessary:

Yes, this is probably true, thanks.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/