[chord] Analysing Packets

Brown, Adam J ajbrowc at essex.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 19:10:49 EDT 2008

I have Chord running with 65 nodes (one bootstrap node on dhash-a, then 2 nodes each with 32 virtual nodes on dhash-b and dhash-c), and am using the Wireshark packet sniffer to analyse the packets sent across the network while it's idle and while data transfers are taking place.  The thing is, for a large majority of the packets (>95%) it states "UDP Checksum Incorrect".  Why is this?

I was also wondering what the output from the dbm store and fetch operations mean?  Here is an example:

store:
97bb / 3 / 5eff 967c a96b

fetch:
1ff7 3 / 1 2 / 2 0 0 1aea 1e51 / 0

And one other thing, how do you kill a node from the terminal?  I have been unable to find the command to do so.