[chord] link error for sfslite-0.8.13

Robert Samuel Rudin bobrudin at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 30 14:02:44 EST 2007

The grep gives me:
--> grep LIBGMP Makefile crypt/Makefile.in
Makefile:LDADD = $(LIBTAME) $(LIBSFSMISC) $(LIBSFSCRYPT) $(LIBARPC)
$(LIBASYNC)
$(LIBGMP) $(LIBPY)
grep: crypt/Makefile.in: No such file or directory

Should there be a Makefile.in in crypt?

I also tried:

--> grep LIBGMP Makefile crypt/Makefile
Makefile:LDADD = $(LIBTAME) $(LIBSFSMISC) $(LIBSFSCRYPT) $(LIBARPC)
$(LIBASYNC)
$(LIBGMP) $(LIBPY)
crypt/Makefile:LDADD = $(LIBSFSCRYPT) $(LIBARPC) $(LIBASYNC) $(LIBGMP)

No errors in the configure:

--> ../sfslite-0.8.13/configure --with-sfsmisc
checking for working aclocal-1.4... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for cpp... /usr/bin/cpp
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... /usr/bin/m4
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag  works... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for logger... /usr/bin/logger
checking for df... /bin/df
checking if /bin/df needs -k for BSD-formatted output... no
checking for kernel random number generator... /dev/urandom
checking for dmesg... /bin/dmesg
checking for fstat... no
checking for ls... /bin/ls
checking for lsof... /usr/bin/lsof
checking if lsof supports a device cache... no
checking for netstat... /bin/netstat
checking for nfsstat... /usr/sbin/nfsstat
checking for ntpq... /usr/bin/ntpq
checking for ps... /bin/ps
checking for vmstat... /usr/bin/vmstat
checking for w... /usr/bin/w
checking for su... /bin/su
checking for sessreg... /usr/bin/X11/sessreg
checking for xauth... /usr/bin/X11/xauth
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
checking for pod2man... /usr/bin/pod2man
checking for Pod::Man... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking sys/rusage.h usability... no
checking sys/rusage.h presence... no
checking for sys/rusage.h... no
checking sys/mkdev.h usability... no
checking sys/mkdev.h presence... no
checking for sys/mkdev.h... no
checking sys/sockio.h usability... no
checking sys/sockio.h presence... no
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking sys/filio.h usability... no
checking sys/filio.h presence... no
checking for sys/filio.h... no
checking sys/file.h usability... yes
checking sys/file.h presence... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking sys/stropts.h usability... yes
checking sys/stropts.h presence... yes
checking for sys/stropts.h... yes
checking security/pam_appl.h usability... yes
checking security/pam_appl.h presence... yes
checking for security/pam_appl.h... yes
checking pam/pam_appl.h usability... no
checking pam/pam_appl.h presence... no
checking for pam/pam_appl.h... no
checking for inline... inline
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for off_t... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for clock_gettime... no
checking for a declaration of clock_gettime... yes
checking for struct timespec... yes
checking for pw_expire in struct passwd... no
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for long long... yes
checking size of long long... 8
checking for u_int64_t... yes
checking whether u_int64_t is an unsigned long long... yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for int32_t... yes
checking for u_int32_t... yes
checking for u_int16_t... yes
checking for u_int8_t... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for u_char... yes
checking for u_int... yes
checking for u_long... yes
checking for int64_t... yes
checking for u_int64_t... (cached) yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for rlim_t... yes
checking for 64-bit off_t... no
checking for setgroups declaration in grp.h... yes
checking what last authunix_create arg points to... gid_t
checking type of XDR::x_ops... XDR::xdr_ops
checking for struct sockaddr_storage... yes
checking for __ss_len in sockaddr_storage... no
checking for a declaration of pread... no
checking for a declaration of pwrite... no
checking for a declaration of mkstemp... yes
checking for a declaration of getrusage... yes
checking for a declaration of fchdir... yes
checking for a declaration of flock... yes
checking for a declaration of bindresvport... yes
checking for a declaration of sys_signame... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for main in -lnsl... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for inet_aton... yes
checking for bindresvport... yes
checking for __seterr_reply... no
checking for xdr_int64_t... yes
checking for xdr_u_int64_t... no
checking for xdr_longlong_t... yes
checking for arc4random... no
checking for flock... yes
checking for mlockall... yes
checking for getspnam... yes
checking for issetugid... no
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getegid... yes
checking for pread... yes
checking for pwrite... yes
checking for setlogin... no
checking for unsetenv... yes
checking for getpeereid... no
checking for auth_userresponse... no
checking for getgrouplist... yes
checking whether getgrouplist uses int or gid_t... gid_t
checking for _getpty... no
checking for openpty... no
checking for openpty in -lutil... yes
checking util.h usability... no
checking util.h presence... no
checking for util.h... no
checking libutil.h usability... no
checking libutil.h presence... no
checking for libutil.h... no
checking pty.h usability... yes
checking pty.h presence... yes
checking for pty.h... yes
checking for BSD-style utmp slots... yes
checking for pseudo ttys... streams ptys
checking for st_atimespec in stat structure... no
checking for st_mtimespec in stat structure... no
checking for st_mtim in stat structure... yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for a declaration of xdr_callmsg... yes
checking what second xdr_getlong arg points to... long
checking for wide select... [small fd limit anyway] no
checking if putenv() copies its argument... no
checking for sa_len in struct sockaddr... no
checking for fd passing with msg_accrights in msghdr... no
checking for fd passing with struct cmsghdr... yes
checking whether socket buffers > 64k are allowed... yes
checking for BSD SO_REUSEADDR semantics... no
checking type of array argument to getgroups... gid_t
checking if egid is first element of grouplist... no
checking arpa/nameser_compat.h usability... yes
checking arpa/nameser_compat.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/nameser_compat.h... yes
checking for resolver functions in standard C library... no
checking for resolver functions in libresolv... yes
checking for a declaration of res_init... yes
checking for a declaration of res_mkquery... yes
checking for a declaration of dn_skipname... yes
checking for a declaration of dn_expand... yes
checking for crypt... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for GMP library... checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for libgmp... -lgmp
checking for overloaded C++ operators in gmp.h... yes
checking for mpz_xor... yes
checking size of GMP mp_limb_t... 4
checking for OpenSSL... no
checking for setusercontext... no
checking for util in -lsetusercontext... no
checking for arla xfs... no
checking for MAP_NOSYNC option... no
checking for where new mail is stored... /var/mail
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating async/Makefile
config.status: creating rpcc/Makefile
config.status: creating arpc/Makefile
config.status: creating crypt/Makefile
config.status: creating sfsmisc/Makefile
config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
config.status: creating tame/Makefile
config.status: creating svc/Makefile
config.status: creating libtame/Makefile
config.status: creating arpcgen/Makefile
config.status: creating libsfs/Makefile
config.status: creating tutorial/Makefile
config.status: creating tutorial/doc/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default-1 commands