[chord] Problem building chord on OS X 10.4.9

Erich Rast erich at snafu.de
Thu Jul 5 04:33:57 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to build a recent snapshot of chord
(chord-0.1-20070529.tar.bz2)
on OS X 10.4.9. I've successfully installed SFSlite, but I've got
problems with BerkeleyDB.

The database version 4.4 is installed via Fink: fink install db4

It seems that the configure script doesn't find it, where my
environment variables are set as follows:

export CFLAGS=-I/sw/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib
export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export CPPFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /sw/share/aclocal"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/sw/lib/pkgconfig"
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4

I've tried various arguments to --with-db, but so far the script
always complains that

checking for BerkeleyDB library... no
configure: error: Cannot find BerkeleyDB

What's going wrong? Does Fink install the db with non-standard
subdirectory structure?

Any help appreciated.

With best regards,

Erich

----
FYI, Fink seems to have installed the following, but I might have
missed something:

/sw/include/db4
/sw/include/db4/db.h
/sw/include/db4/db_185.h