[chord] how can a peer find the files who have data pieces on it

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 2 09:21:13 EST 2007

On Mon, 25 December 2006 at 15:10 (+0800), zkfzle wrote:
> Recently, I have been working on a project based on chord.I got a lot
> of useful information.Thanks.  For a peer on chord, can it find the
> information about what files have data pieces on it?  If yes, how to?
> From the database?

For now, you should be able to run 'nodeq -l ip port vnum' to get
a list of content-hash keys stored on a given node if the node
is running.

You can also use 'dbdump -e dir' where dir is the raw database directory
managed by adbd, such as "5d6d6572c251f87de5ba440caad57d62d69195f4.c".
(This is just a wrapper we provide that is similar to the db_dump that
should come with your Berkeley DB installation.)

Neither of these methods are particular efficient and will basically
read the entire contents of the database off of disk.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/