[chord] About the location table?

Hai Dao Le daolehai at nm.gist.ac.kr
Wed Nov 22 07:59:09 EST 2006

Hi,

I am running Chord in Planetlab with about 110 nodes. When looking into
the location table of each node, I see the number of entries, say
prac_num, is about 40~50 (maybe more) even though I set the value
chord.nsucc = 2. As I understand, in theory, the number of entries in
this table, say theo_num, is about logN (finger table) + n_succ + n_pred
(Please correct me). What are the differences? What is the limit value
of prac_num? How can I modify the source codes to get prac_num ~
theo_num?

Your help is highly appreciated,

Hai