[chord] Chord: Can't find sfs libraries

Santosh Kumar santikr at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 02:59:15 EST 2006

I got the following error while configuring itself,
after following the instructions mentiones at
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/howto.html.

I have pasted a small dump below.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Dump:

appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux
ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g77 static flag -static works... no
checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux
ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
configure: error: "Can\'t find SFS libraries"