[chord] FW: DGOS to combat DDOS? Idea...

N.Z. Bear bear at truthlaidbear.com
Mon Jul 10 12:33:20 EDT 2006

Folks:

Hello there! I operate the weblog search engine / portal The Truth Laid Bear
(http://truthlaidbear.com <http://truthlaidbear.com/> ) and have come upon
the Chord project while researching peer-to-peer networks.

The reason for my interest is shown below: recently, individual weblogs and
their hosts have suffered from DDOS attacks, resulting in their author's
being cut off from the blogosphere community and unable to post. I am
therefore currently trying to develop a working group to look at the problem
and develop some kind of peer-to-peer infrastructure that would allow
attacked bloggers to continue posting.

I'd welcome suggestions/input from anyone on the Chord team. Best regards.

NZ Bear

  _____