[chord] failed to unmarshall result

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 11 14:00:39 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 January 2006 at 00:46 (+0100), piotrek jacak wrote:
> if so could you please help me finding out why i get "failed to
> unmarshall result" ??

I didn't see anything obvious in a cursory glance; I'm curious
what your server side code is doing though.  How did you change
lsd to implement your cd_prot?

Sometimes, it is helpful to see the RPCs being sent, which you can
do by running lsd with the ASRV_TRACE environment variable set to
10 and p2p-dhashclient with the ACLNT_TRACE environment variable
also set to 10, e.g.

   env ASRV_TRACE=10 ./lsd ...
   env ACLNT_TRACE=10 ./p2p-dhashclient ...

> void
> doit_NEWCHORD (chord_node dst) {
> [...]
>          cd_newchord_res *res = New cd_newchord_res ();
>          //ptr<cd_newchord_res> res = New refcounted<cd_newchord_res> ();

Unrelated to your problem, but use the refcounted version or remember to
call delete later on in your callback.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/