[chord] please help me

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 11 13:52:07 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 06 January 2006 at 02:07 (+0000), zhu xianshu wrote:
> <P>I have an idea on using replication method to solve the hotspot problem
> in Chord like&nbsp; P2P systems using DHT.I don't know which&nbsp;of the
> platform&nbsp;I should chose: p2psim or this chord system to do my
> experiment.Please give me some advice.</P>

p2psim does not have much support (to my knowledge) for actual
storing of data blocks but it may be more suitable to the kinds
of experiments that you would need to do to evaluate your algorithm.
It is designed to perform (relatively) rapid simulations over trace
files and collect statistics.

The chord system is built to run on multiple computers, over
the wide area.  It would be more useful for confirm that your
simulated results are achievable in deployed systems.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/