[chord] (rpc) message with large data

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 7 09:46:30 EST 2006

Gon,

On Sat, 07 January 2006 at 01:49 (-0800), Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
> What're the maximum rpc message sizes for STP, TCP, and UDP modes,
> respectively?

RFC 1831 doesn't specify a max size, but we have hard-coded limits
in our source.  The aclnt transport for dhashclient has a buffer
of size 1024*1025 bytes.  The chord RPC servers have a receive buffer of
230000 bytes.

> Do you have an interface to send a (rpc) message with large data (say
> 1M)? If so, which part should I refer to?

Look for axprt_*::alloc calls, for example axprt_dgram::alloc in
chord/chord_client.C.  You can tweak those if you like.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/