[chord] something in the code

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 18 06:27:58 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 December 2006 at 15:28 (+0800), zkfzle wrote:
> I am reading the chord code.In the filestore.C,I just don't understand
> what is inode,indirect.Could you please explain for me?  And,by the
> way,can I get some documents about the code itself?

There is a file in the same directory as filestore.C called
filestore.README which provides a rudimentary explanation.

The idea of the inode in filestore is roughly the same as inodes in
the original unix filesystem (ffs) and that appears in more modern
unix filesystems (like ext2) as well.  You may also find the
the SFSRO paper [1] helpful.
    http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/sfsro.html

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/