[chord] Segmentation Fault

Mosiuoa Tsietsi g06t6632 at campus.ru.ac.za
Tue Aug 1 05:53:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

I still continue fiddling with the stuff!  I used KDbg (a front end to
gdb) to do some bebugging on lsd.  When I run it,  the trouble seems to
start when setting up the finger tables.  A SIGSEGV (segmentation fault)
signal is generated at the line :

> VA_TEMPLATE (explicit refcounted, : obj, {})

(line 333) in the file async/refcnt.h in the SFS sources.  Reffering
back to a mail that was sent to this list last year August, the error
occurs when the program should output the line:

>lsd: chord::handleProgram: fingers_program_1 (344454)

just after it outputs:

>lsd: chord::handleProgram: chord_program_1 (344447)

which leads me to presume something is going on when initialising
fingers, perhaps, not sure.  Once again, please help.

Thanks.