[chord] developing with Chord/DHash

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 1 13:51:05 EST 2005

Akito,

On Tue, 01 November 2005 at 11:58 (+0900), Akito Fujita wrote:
> My problem is I can't find any programming example for Chord/DHash
> which is running completely. So I'm trying to run CFS.
> or do you have any other programming example for Chord/DHash ?

CFS is somewhat different than most other projects we have
developed using Chord/DHash: it uses the SFS toolkit to
provide a user-level NFS server.  Unless you are trying to
develop a filesystem using Chord/DHash it is probably not
the most basic example.

You may wish to look at the source code in devel/dhash_benchmark.C
for a very basic put/get based application: it stores random data.
A slightly more advanced program is devel/filestore.C which creates
an inode data structure (similar to standard FFS or sfsrodb) inodes
and uses it to store a file from the command line.

What kind of application are you looking to develop?

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/