[chord] binary distribution

Yanyan Wang Yanyan.Wang at colorado.edu
Tue May 17 02:12:14 EDT 2005

Hi, Emil,

Do you mean that I only need to copy the lsd executable file onto a remote
machine to execute lsd? But it seems that lsd needs to link to the library
libdb-4.3.so when it executes. My setup on the local machine is like:

%ls /scratch/binarydist
chordbuild dbbuild sfsbuild

These three build folders are for the three systems(berkeleyDB, sfs, chord)
respectively. When I configure chord, I need to give the absolute path of db
like

% ../sfsnet/configure --prefix=$PWD --with-db=$PWD/../dbbuild
--with-sfs=$PWD/../sfsbuild

If I execute chordbuild/bin/lsd on the local machine, it works. But if I copied
chordbuild/lsd onto other machine and executed it, it cannot find the library
libdb-4.3.so since there isn't that path "/scratch" on the remote machine. How
should I do to fix it? Thanks a lot!

Yours,
Yanyan :)

Quoting Emil Sit <sit at mit.edu>:

> > I have installed chord on my local machine(including db, sfs, and
> > Chord). If I wish to deploy the binary distribution to other machines,
> > which folders should I include in the binary distribution? In another
>
> If you have statically linked lsd (as is our default), it should not
> need any other components to run.
>
> If you're curious, you can take a look at dist/chord-0.1.spec for
> details on how we build RPMs for our own use.

Yanyan :)

Yanyan Wang
Department of Computer Science
University of Colorado at Boulder