[chord] install question

Yanyan Wang Yanyan.Wang at colorado.edu
Sat May 7 00:02:17 EDT 2005

Hi, Emil,

Thanks for your reply. This problem has been solved. But I met another error
when I tried to "make" chord:

../../sfsnet/lsd/syncd.C: In function `int main(int, char**)':
../../sfsnet/lsd/syncd.C:130: error: `push_back' undeclared (first use this
   function)
../../sfsnet/lsd/syncd.C:130: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
   only once for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [syncd.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratch/chordbuild/lsd'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/chordbuild'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It's the error message for this statement:

  for (u_int i = 0; i < 3; i++)
    ret.coords.push_back(0);

It seems that ret.coords is declared as "int_32 coords<>". Is it type "vec"? It
seems push_back is a method for vec. How should I do to fix this error? Looking
forward to your reply! Thanks a lot!

Yours,
Yanyan :)

Quoting Emil Sit <sit at MIT.EDU>:

> On Wed, 04 May 2005 at 10:24 (-0600), Yanyan Wang wrote:
> > configuration. And the configuration does find the berkeley db. But when I
> do
> > the "gmake", it still gives me the same error message. Do you have any idea
>
> The error message does suggest that the .o file was compiled
> with symbols for berkeleyDB 4.0 --- is there another db.h
> in your include path?  Make sure that the db.h that you include
> and the libdb .so that you link with are for the same version.
>
> --
> Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/

Yanyan :)

Yanyan Wang