[chord] install question

Yanyan Wang Yanyan.Wang at colorado.edu
Wed May 4 12:24:41 EDT 2005

Hi, Emil,

Thanks for your reply. Since I installed the DB in a local folder instead of in
the default directories(such as, /usr/local/). So I figured out that the
configure of Chord cannot detect the existence of the db. But I found that I
could specify the location of DB with the option "--with-db=.." in Chord
configuration. And the configuration does find the berkeley db. But when I do
the "gmake", it still gives me the same error message. Do you have any idea
what else may be the problem? My system is a Gentoo box. The gmake version is
3.8. Thanks a lot!

Yours,
Yanyan :)

Quoting Emil Sit <sit at mit.edu>:

> On Wed, 04 May 2005 at 08:54 (-0600), Yanyan Wang wrote:
> > It seems that it's an error related to database. And I noticed that in
> > your "Chord HOWTO" doc, you says that "Berkeley DB is needed for sfs
> > build". I built sfs successfully without it. But I guess I still need
>
> You actually do need to install a recent version of BerkeleyDB in
> order to build Chord.  I believe any version later than 4.0 will
> work.  Chord's configure script should then auto-detect BerkeleyDB
> if you have it installed.
>
> --
> Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/

Yanyan :)