[chord] CHORD problems

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 7 15:49:31 EST 2005

On Wed, 07 December 2005 at 20:34 (+0100), David A. Graf wrote:
>     <li>In our implementation we get cycles, because of wrong
> fingertable entries.</li>

David,

What do you mean by "wrong" fingertables?   How do you
get a cycle?

The finger table entries may get stale but when you select an
appropriate finger to route towards, you should ensure that you go
as far as you can but not overshoot.  That is, if you are looking
for k, you should select some node that is strictly between (n, k).
If that node is down, you can retry the next best.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/