[chord] Some questions

goodzhangzhen goodzhangzhen at sina.com
Fri Oct 8 04:38:09 EDT 2004

Dear sir:
     I am form China.I am interested in the Chord project very much.
     Recently,I am reading the paper:Chord:A Scalable Peer-to-peer Lookup Protocol for Internet Applications.I have some questions in the session of  D.simultaneous Node Failures in the part V.
     Question 1:The paper says:Let x denote the progress made in the identifier space towards a target key. What does x mean? It means the distance from the Node to key or the number of hops from the Node to key in the query.
     Question 2:The expected progress is x(1-p)/(1-p/2),the expected progress is smaller than x by all appearances. Does it show that the query path becames small?
     Question 3:Then you define the facter d, and d=log2((1-p/2)/1-p)=1.7.Why? And how you get the value of 1.7? Just from experiments?
     Question 4:Why you change 2 to 1.7?
     I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

    Sinerely
    Zhen ZHANG

×¢²áÐÂÀËÃâ·ÑÓÊÏ䣬¼¤»î1G¿Õ¼ä£¡£¨ http://mail.sina.com.cn/chooseMode.html £©