[chord] File size limit on CFS?

Kuniyasu Suzaki k.suzaki at aist.go.jp
Mon Oct 4 10:19:02 EDT 2004

Dear chord members,

Please help us. We met trouble to use Co-operative File System.

At fist we can't compile directly. We change the following line
to allow to copy contractor. Does it cause trouble?
sfs1/async/list.h: 37-38
class list {
  // forbid copying
-  list (const list &);
-  list &operator= (const list &);
+//  list (const list &);
+//  list &operator= (const list &);
public:

After that we run CFS. It works well when we save a small file.  But
we can not save a file more than 2,703,360 byte. We guess that CFS has
file size limit.

We change the block size to 1024 byte to 8192 byte but the size
limit(2,703,360 byte) isn't changed.

Please tell us how to fix the problem.