[chord] Installation problem: fs.net is not accessible any more

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 3 11:10:34 EST 2004

Leonidas,

I'm not sure if anyone wrote back to you; I was just out of the country.

> We are planning to use Chord for our research but we cannot download
> SFS. It seems that the www.fs.net is not accessible any more.  Is
> there any other place we can download SFS?

It appears that www.fs.net is working right now.  If you can't get
SFS directly from fs.net, it is likely that you could get pre-built
distributions from Debian or BSD packages.  I'm not sure if we are
depending on any features from the active CVS version of SFS right now;
I think some of the experimental code may use rpc_vec::push_back, but
the core of Chord and DHash should build fine against SFS-0.7.2
libraries.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/